Business Development Representative, Signage & Wayfinding.
The Business Development Representative provides subject matter expertise and guidance to clients undertaking signage projects and brand implementation projects in Canada’s private and public sectors.
Who are we?
You could say we have been around the block. Founded in 1963 by the LEGO group, Modulex has been in the signage, wayfinding and branding implementation business for 57 years. We know a thing or two about the industry and are exceptional at what we do. Our multi-national group, with five factories globally and a presence in over 300 cities across 45 countries, gives us infinite reach and the ability to implement our clients’ projects on brand, budget, and time.
- Actively pursue new architectural signage and wayfinding clients through a design-build consultative approach.
- Consulting with clients about all project scope and delivery elements, providing a high level of expertise around the signage and select wayfinding aspects of projects.
- Respond to RFPs and write compelling, contract winning proposals.
- Reviewing sign implementation in the physical environment through recommendations, manufacturing, installation and recommending ways to optimize.
- Work closely with the Project Management Team to ensure the project meets the Modulex promise of on-brand, budget, and time.
- Providing support with the review and interpretation of shop drawings, project deliverables and performance in line with approved project plans and budgets.
- Consult with Project Managers to ensure that site recommendations are fully optimized, and all prior internal discussions around the various approaches have been completed.
- Hands on participation with vendors and internal team to find solutions and set proper expectations with client, including the participation of project kick-off meetings, weekly status meetings, process improvements and quality control.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in vendor’s signage installation plans.
- Oversee and finalize the punch list process.
- Bring forward solutions to improve new processes.
- Cultivate a sales culture in the office.
- Lead by example and with empathy and understanding of diversity and differences.
- Bring positive energy and a collaborative attitude to the team.
- Establish and support an inclusive work environment where team members feel belonging by demonstrating inclusive values and behaviours.
Qualifications and Experience
- Self-starter and strong entrepreneurial spirit with a consultative approach to managing customers.
- A strong drive for developing new business.
- 3-to 5 years of experience within the Design-Build community is an asset.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with experience within Architectural, construction or branding organizations that utilize Design-Build.
- The ability to review construction and shop drawings against approved signage technical specifications is also considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure across more complex/ projects with strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, including the ability to identify important details, ensuring things are not overlooked and delivering a consistently high quality of work, keeping the overall goals of the project in mind
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM.
- Experience with industry standards, materials, and manufacturing knowledge; understanding fabrication, finishes, illumination and installation methods.
- Understanding of industry best practices and keeping up with technology and product options.
- Base Salary plus sales performance-based bonus
- Benefits plan
- Travel to client locations and/or production facilities as required
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position in the subject line.